“…to set in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us.”
1. In one true and living God, eternally existing and revealed to us as the Father, Creator of all things; the Son, Jesus Christ, God Incarnate, and the Holy Spirit.
2. In the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, death for our sins, bodily resurrection, ascension unto God, and imminent return in power and glory.
3. The Holy Scriptures are the inspired and complete revelation of God’s will concerning man’s salvation through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ.
4. That men are saved solely through faith in God’s grace as displayed in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
5. In water baptism as a public declaration that a believer has died with Christ and risen with Him to walk a life of holiness and love.
6. In the unity of all true believers as members of the universal body of Christ regardless of denominational affiliation.
7. In the celebration of the Lord’s Supper as a remembrance of Jesus.
8. In the ministry of the Holy Spirit:
i. by the inward witness of salvation to the believer.
ii. by daily guidance and the growth of Christ-like character.
iii. by the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, an experience distinct from and following the new birth, evidenced initially by speaking with other tongues and subsequently by the manifestation of spiritual power in public testimony and service.
iv. by the manifestation of the supernatural gifts of the Spirit as listed in 1 Corinthians 12:8-10.
9. That Jesus Christ is coming again to gather all His saints unto Himself. Those who have not accepted His redemptive work on their behalf will suffer eternal separation from God.
10. That following His return Jesus Christ will rule and reign for one thousand years on the Earth. After this there will be a new heaven and a new Earth.